Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holidays

Well let me say first that I am the biggest fan of the Holidays because they bring families and friends together. Recently I have noticed that the Holidays are being less celebrated all over the nation. First example was right in my home town the 4th of July parade when I was younger was where it was at we had candy floats we would ride our bikes 4 wheelers anything we could get a hold of and ride it in the parade. Well last years and this years parade had nothing it was just the local veterans in the back of a truck and no kids running around enjoying themselves only a few bikes were decorated no floats no firetruck nothing. What really got me was that night on the news it said people are more patriotic then ever well I'm not seeing it. Now on to the national part of this not celebrating holidays like we used to or should. I was watching the television on Valentine Day weekend or was it memorial day I forgot but anyways Home Depot was spinning it was an extra day to get things done wait it was labor day. I was like WTF HOME DEPOT its labor day and you want the American people to work during it how dare you. They also ran commercials during the fourth of july weekend spinning it like a day where you should remodel you kitchen instead of celebrating you freedom I got a little irate. I'm just saying people what happened to the days when kids would start counting down the days to Halloween in august looking for the perfect costume. The days when xmas was spelled Christmas and Easter was more than just a day hide an egg. This might have been happening all this time and I'm just realizing it because now I have gotten older but I sure do miss those days

No comments: